A World Perspective

A World Perspective
Although I agree with Maya Angelou about the inappropriate paraphrasing of the "drum major" quotation, this quotation makes sense to me.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

More on "Argo"

This essay http://blog.heritage.org/2013/03/01/argo-oscar-win-infuriates-iran-but-the-iranian-people-think-otherwise/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WhatsNewInPd+%28What%27s+New+in+Public+Diplomacy%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher#When:00:34:54Z on "Argo" is in a recent issue of "The Foundry." It opposes my perspective in my previous posting that Mrs. Obama's involvement in the presentation of the film's Oscar award, citing the film's popularity among Iranians. It also suggests that "Argo" is effective public diplomacy. Hmmm. Soft power, yes, but I think this suggestion is an example of conflating cross-cultural internationalism and PD.

No comments:

Post a Comment